Nikkei America, Inc. ("Nikkei America", "we", "us" or "our") respects your privacy and is committed to securing the protection of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any reque sts to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at:
Nikkei America, Inc.
Tel: 212-261-6200 Fax: 212-261-6209
E-mail: [email protected]
1. The personal information we collect about you
When you use our services by browsing our websites, ordering a subscription, providing registration details, entering into a contract or otherwise interacting with us, we may collect and store different categories of personal information about you:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes an internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our services.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any information about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, or information about your health and genetic and biometric information. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
2. How your personal information is collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data and Financial Data by filling in forms that you submit to us or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our online services;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request that marketing information be sent to you;
- participate in a survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our services, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
Third parties. We may collect personal information about you from third parties including but not limited to providers of analytics and technical services.
3. How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To provide our services to you,
- To communicate about our services with you,
- To fulfill your requests regarding our products and services,
- To respond to your inquiries,
- To protect the safety and security of our services and sites,
- To communicate with you about other products and services that we believe may be of interest to you,
- To personalize our services and your experience,
- To use when necessary for pursuit of our legitimate interests or that of third parties,
- To comply with a legal and/or regulatory obligation and to protect our rights,
- For any other purpose if w e have your consent.
4. Sharing of personal information we collect
We may share personal information with our service providers who provide services on our behalf. These services may include, credit card payment and billing processing, information tech nology, promotions management, shipping, email distribution, analytics and research, etc.
5. Accessing, correcting and deleting personal information
You have the right to request to review, correct or delete personal information that you have provided to us.
You are able to ascertain that the personal information you provide to us is accurate and/or updated to avoid interruption of the provision of services to you. You may access and update your personal information that we hold directly by accessing our services or contacting us at [email protected] You may request us to delete or remove personal information.
6. Information retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we have collected that personal information, including for provision of services to you, and for our ongoing legitimate business needs including for legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements being consistent with applicable law.
7. Data security
We have put in place appropriate organizational, technological and physical safeguards to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
Although we take app ropriate measures to protect your personal information, no security system or data storage or transmission over the internet is fully secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee the security of any information we may have collected or received from you or transmitte d to you.
Our products and services are not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect information relating to children under the age of 16. If we are informed that an individual under 16 is submitting informat ion without consent of parents or legal guardian or as permitted under applicable law, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you are aware of such instance, please notify us.
10. International Transfer
Some of the services we offer are operated by Nikkei Inc. (headquartered in Japan) and its affiliates globally. Personal information may be collected, processed, used and transmitted by Nikkei Inc. and its affiliates outside of the United States. By using such services, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to jurisdictions outside of the United States.
Below are links to privacy policies, and policies for cookies and other tracking technologi es related to the provision of our services by those entities and how you can opt out from collection of your personal information when using these services:
Nikkei Online Edition
Privacy notice for California Consumer Privacy Act
This section only applies to California resident. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") provides you with additional rights regarding the use of your personal information. These rights include:
- The right to access the personal information we process about you;
- The right to know what personal information is collected about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information;
- The right to opt-out from the sale of your personal information, if applicable;
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights above.
CCPA permits you to request acces s to and deletion of your personal information and requires us to ensure so that you can control certain information transfers deemed to be a "sale" under CCPA.
For the services stipulated in Article 10, we are offering such services with the exclusive distributerhip over the Americas on behalf of Nikkei Inc. , which may allow certain third parties (such as advertising technology vendors) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on their services (such as an enhanced ability to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you) in exchange for something of value.
For Residents of EU / EEA and UK
We offer our products and services in the Americas only. If you are a resident of the EU/EEA or the United Kingdom, please contact Nikkei Europe Ltd. for Nikkei's products and services and applicable privacy policies.
Nikkei Europe Ltd. https://www.nikkei.co.jp/nikkeiinfo/en/corporate/group/europe.html